How to Replace Non-Functional Sliding Door Rollers
A glass sliding door is meant to glide smoothly along the tracks, rather them jumping or giving jerks or getting stuck every time you open or close it. These doors are generally installed on the main entrances of the house. Over the period, their rollers can wear out leading to non-functioning doors. This can be due to debris and dirt accumulation in the tracks. The only remedy is track and wheel replacement. Keep reading on to know its detailed process:
- First of all, you need to open the two screws installed at the ends of the sliding door. This will help you in raising the rollers and lowering the sliding door.
- Now, try to lift the door, tilt it slightly forward, and pull it away from the sliding track. Make sure you take some help as these doors are heavy.
- Place the sliding doors on a sturdy surface and remove all the screws installed at each end of the door.
- Make sure you place a wooden block ate the bottom side of the frame and tap it lightly to release the frame.
- Take out the rollers from the bottom of the door and get the new ones from a hardware store.
- Change the rollers and frame that was earlier removed from the sliding door.
- Use a vacuum cleaner to wipe off any dirt and debris from the panels. You can also rub the bottom with paraffin wax to lubricate it.
- Once you are done with the above-given steps, it’s time to place the sliding door back in the track. Hold the door at an angle and slowly roll it into the track. Adjust all the screws like before and your sliding door is ready to use.
These were some simple steps that can help you in replacing your Patio and wheel replacements in Melbourne.